Applicants with good degrees in key subjects can apply for a ‘tax free’ Scholarship of between £27,500 (Mathematics, Computing, Chemistry, Geography, Modern Foreign Languages) and £30,000 for Physics.
To be eligible for a Scholarship, you should have at least a 2:1 degree or above and want to teach one of the subjects listed. You can still apply if you have a 2:2, but you’ll need to provide evidence of significant relevant experience. Scholarships are awarded in place of a bursary.
Find out more on the dedicated scholarship pages:
- Computing: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Chemistry: Royal Society of Chemistry
- Geography: Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- Languages: British Council
- Maths: Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarships
- Physics: Institute of Physics scholarships
If you’re not successful in your application for a scholarship, and secured a place on a qualifying teacher training course in England you’ll still receive the standard Bursary.
Search for us on :