Scholarships for 2018/19 have now been announced:
Applicants with good degrees in key subjects can apply for a ‘tax free’ Scholarship of between £28,000 (Physics, Chemistry, Computing, Geography & Languages*) and £32,000 for Maths*.
To be eligible for a Scholarship, you should have at least a 2:1 degree or above and want to teach one of the subjects listed. You can still apply if you have a 2:2, but you’ll need to provide evidence of significant relevant experience. Scholarships are awarded in place of a bursary.
Find out more on the dedicated scholarship pages:
- Computing: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Chemistry: Royal Society of Chemistry
- Geography: Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- Languages: British Council
- Maths: Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarships
- Physics: Institute of Physics scholarships
Or have a look at their brochures:
- BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT
- RSC – Royal Society for Chemistry
- RGS – Royal Geographical Society
- LTTS – Languages Teacher Training Scholarship
- Maths – Scholarships
- IoP – Institute of Physics
If you’re not successful in your application for a scholarship, and secured a place on a qualifying teacher training course in England you’ll still receive the standard Bursary.
* Conditions apply:
- Languages – only for French, Spanish & German;
- Maths – £22k Scholarship with additional payments totalling £10k (after tax) once in teaching – with two additional ‘early-career’ payments of £5k each in your 3rd & 5th year of teaching . Further conditions apply.
Search for us on :