We’re all the same in many respects, but very different in others. We all have to meet the same ITT Entry Criteria, but we go about it in very different ways and it’s the same with how you’ll be trained.
Even the 2nd ‘S‘ in ‘schools‘ is a key difference – will you get a chance to train in a range of contrasting schools [plr] or mainly be based in just one school (sgl), with just a short placement in a quite similar school?
So what should you be looking for?
- Training with an Accredited ITT Provider at the very heart of the programme, not just a distant university linked to a group of schools;
- Alliances with a broad range of contrasting schools, not just a few similar schools who’ve set-up to do Schools Direct;
- Having a choice about doing a PGCE or not and making sure it’s a full PGCE with 60 Masters Credits all at Level 7, not just a ‘PG Cert’ or with credits only at Level 6;
- Training provision with a history of delivering high-quality Trainee Attainment, not just a small group of schools who don’t have any real experience of delivering their own ITT;
- A Provider with a range of significant partner organisations (e.g. Local Authorities, Teaching School Alliances, Universities etc.);
- Not having to pay £9,000 if you don’t have to!
- Schools benefiting from being in a Social Mobility Opportunity Area (SMOA);
- A collaborative approach to professional development through the ‘Partners in Learning‘ Teaching School Alliance (TSA);
- A real focus on research in teaching through the recently established ‘Research School‘ as part of the Research Schools Network
- Government supported recruitment and retention initiatives
The Doncaster ITT Partnership is an Accredited School Centred ITT Provider with nearly 15 years experience of delivering ‘Outstanding Trainee Attainment’ (Ofsted 2012); working with a wide range of Schools, Academies, Special Schools and PRUs, the Local Authority, Teaching School Alliance and the University of Hull (to deliver an optional PGCE) and all for far less than most ITT courses.
Search for us on: