Our last cohort of SCITT & School Direct students are now nearing the end of their Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) ‘Induction year’ and our current cohort are fast approaching their Final Assessments for QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) , so sadly we’re no longer looking to recruit applicants wanting to start teacher training in September 2018 (UCAS opened in October 2017), but we will be recruiting again in the Autumn for places to start in September 2019 .
So why did our trainees chose schools-based training and why should you?
Do you want to:
- go back to university and sit in a lecture theatre for days on end?
- complete assignments to prove that you know how to teach?
- only see children when you are sent to a school miles from home?
- have no real choice about where you’ll train?
- increase your student loan debt by as much as it’s possible to borrow (£9,250)?
- have to do (and pay for) a PGCE, when you know that you don’t really need one to become a qualified teacher?
- train to teach in a school environment?
- have a choice about where you train in local schools?
- be trained by specialist teachers who really know and understand teaching?
- be supported to learn by experts with the most up to date teaching techniques?
- really feel part of a school, not just a ‘visitor’ on a placement for a few weeks?
- save over £1,800 against the cost of some courses?
- have the choice about whether you want to do a PGCE or not, in addition to your teacher training?
Yes? – That’s why our trainees chose us and why you should too!
Please look through this website to find out more about why you should consider school-based training in a Doncaster ITT Partnership school and see how to apply for one of our programmes.
Good luck with your application!
Search for us on: