Find out about the ITT Bursaries, Scholarships and School Direct (Salaried) grants for the academic year 2020 – 21 at the Department for Education (DfE): Get Into Teaching website.
Get up to £28,000 (TAX FREE) to train to teach – and then possibly some more!
And you may also be entitled to Additional Financial Support while you train.
The DfE provided bursary awards for 2020-21 are as follows:
- £28,000 Scholarship or £26,000 Bursary in ‘high-priority’ subjects for Trainees with a 1st, 2:1, 2:2, PhD or Master’s for:
- Languages (Scholarships for French, Spanish & German ONLY)
- All of the above subjects also have three additional payments each of £2k after the 2nd, 3rd & 4th year in teaching (*see below as ‘Doncaster’ gives you even more!).
- Computing – £28,000 Scholarship or £26,000 Bursary
- Geography – £17,000 Scholarship or £15,000 Bursary
And for a 1st, 2:1, 2:2, PhD or Master’s, other subjects have Bursaries of:
- Biology – £26,000
- Design & Technology (D&T) – £15,000
- English – £12,000
- £9,000 for:
- Business Studies
- Art & Design
*An increased incremental amount of an additional £1,000 will be available for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Languages in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th year of teaching (i.e. £3,000 in each of these years): “to encourage the best teachers to teach in more challenging schools”. Teaching in Doncaster will entitle you to this increased amount.
Other subjects which are not otherwise listed above (e.g. Primary or PE etc.) do not have a bursary, so if you’re not sure if you’ll be eligible, please contact us to discuss your application, at: