Are YOU ready to apply, but are struggling a bit with your personal statement?
Maybe YOU just need some final guidance around the interview process?
You’re running out of time to submit your UCAS application to start your Teacher Training this September and we’re keen to make sure that YOU have the resources YOU need to apply this year.
The Department for Education (DfE) Get into Teaching Events team are hosting FREE application workshops from April to June 2018, where YOU will:
- have access to one to one advice from experts who will show YOU ways to maximise the impact of your application;
- be able to get feedback on your personal statement and advice around the application process.
So go to the Get into Teaching website and register for your nearest Application Workshop in Yorkshire:
- York – Park Inn by Radisson – Tue 24th Apr (5.30 – 8pm)
- Leeds – Park Plazza Leeds – Sat 28th Apr (10am – 12.30pm)
- Sheffield – Novatel Sheffield – Wed 9th May (5.30 – 8pm)
For further information see: Application Workshop Dates, or contact Whatson.Where@education.gov.uk.
Then, once you’re ok with your application, go to UCAS , choose the Doncaster ITT Partnership and two others from Teach Yorkshire
Good luck with your applications!
It’s always great to meet with and talk to potential applicants wanting to apply to train to teach in Doncaster, so if you have queries about our training programme or if you want to discuss any aspect of your application, then please come along and see us at one of our school / centre ‘Open Day’ / ‘Drop-in’ sessions or local Events:
- Thu 19th Apr (8am – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- Thu 26th Apr (1pm – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre , Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- Tue 1st May (9am – 12pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Fri 11th May (8am – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- w/c 14th May (tbc)
- Wed 23rd May (12pm – 4pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
Confirmation of dates/times and details of further Open Days will be posted here once finalised.
Although it does help us to know (by email) if you are coming, there’s no need to book a slot at an open day / drop-in session, so please just turn up at the school’s or centre’s Reception and we’ll be on hand to help you with any queries you may have regarding schools-based teacher training or making an application etc.
We look forward to seeing you!
Also look out for our post with details of the Department for Education’s ‘Train to Teach Roadshows‘ taking place in the Region (Doncaster – 17th April) over the coming months and our own ‘Teach Yorkshire’ Events, which we are attending in Sheffield, Doncaster & Barnsley .
See you soon!
Search for us on:
- Tue 7th Nov (12.30 – 3.30pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Wed 8th Nov (please arrive for 4.30pm) – Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- Wed 15th Nov (9am – 12pm) – Armthorpe Academy, Mere Lane, Armthorpe, DN3 2DA
- Thu 16th Nov (9am – 12pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Wed 22nd Nov (1pm – 4pm) – Trinity Academy, Church Balk, Thorne, DN8 5BY
- Wed 29th Nov (9am – 12pm) – Hall Cross Academy (Upper School), Thorne Road, DN1 2HY
- Tue 5th Dec (1pm – 4pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Thu 14th Dec (9.30am – 12.30pm) – Campsmount Academy, Ryecroft Road, Norton, DN6 9AS
- Wed 10th Jan (1 – 4pm) – Hall Cross Academy (Upper School), Thorne Road, DN1 2HY
- Tue 23rd Jan (9am – 12pm) – The McAuley Catholic High School, Accacia Road (Lower Site) DN3 3QF
- Wed 7th Feb (1 – 4pm) – Sir Thomas Wharton Academy, Tait Avenue, Edlington, DN12 1HH
- 27th Feb (1 – 4pm) – The Hayfield School, Hurst Lane, Auckley, DN9 3HG
- Tue 13th Mar (10am – 1pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Sat 17th Mar (10am – 12pm) – Teach Yorkshire Event – Outwood Institute of Education Conference Centre, Tenter Balk Lane, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7EQ
- Mon 19th Mar (8am – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre , Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- Tue 20 March 2018 at 18:30 – Get in to Teaching [on-line] Event – Making a Teacher Training Application in Doncaster
- Tue 17th April (4.30 – 8pm) – The Mercure Doncaster Centre, Danum Hotel, High Street, Doncaster, DN1 1DN
If so, the DfE (Department for Education) Get into Teaching Team are hosting a number of events at Starbucks in Doncaster (Unit 64, Frenchgate Centre, Doncaster, DN1 1QB)
A coffee appointment will give YOU the chance to talk to a trainee teacher or a current teacher in Doncaster about their experience of the application process, and for you to get all of your questions answered.
So register for a Get Into Teaching coffee appointment in Doncaster:
Don’t worry if you don’t like coffee, other hot and cold beverages will be available – This is Yorkshire, so there’ll always be Tea!
Would you like to ask a panel of specialists the questions that matter to you in one of the Department for Education (DfE) ‘real-time’ Online Events ? Whether you want general guidance or advice tailored to your circumstances, these online teaching events offer a convenient way to discuss a range of topics related to teacher training.
Recently held events included a series focused on getting into teaching which are still available on the DfE archive, inc. events on:
These archived events were interactive sessions that offered a convenient way to engage directly with a panel of specialist advisers across a range of topics, but you can see the questions which were asked and answered about what mattered to other potential trainee teachers.
Search for us on:
Worried about taking the Skills Tests?
Do you feel that you need extra help and advice before taking the Numeracy or Literacy Skills Tests?
Remember whilst you can do the on-line practice tests as many times as you like, you only have three attempts at passing each of the actual tests and will have to wait for 2-years before you can retake them, if you fail on the third attempt!
Several of our current and former trainees have used on-line help/practice websites and the one most recommend for helping them pass their Numeracy test is: Numeracy Ready although there are other websites, publications and on-line resources which may help if you feel that you need additional support.
We’re planning to deliver some training sessions early in the Spring Term and will let applicants who have been offered places know the dates of these. We also get a 20% discount for ‘Numeracy Ready’ so can pass that on to applicants who have accepted a place with us.
So make sure you’re ready to take the test BEFORE you book in at a test centre.
Search for us on: