It’s always great to meet with and talk to potential applicants wanting to apply to train to teach in Doncaster, so if you have queries about our training programme or if you want to discuss any aspect of your application, then please come along and see us at one of our school / centre ‘Open Day’ drop-in sessions:
- 27th Feb (1 – 4pm) – The Hayfield School, Hurst Lane, Auckley, DN9 3HG
- 13th Mar (10am – 1pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- 19th Mar (8am – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre , Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- 19th Apr (8am – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- 26th Apr (1pm – 4pm) – The Mary Woollett Centre , Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
Confirmation of dates/times and details of further Open Days will be posted here once finalised.
Although it does help us to know (by email) if you are coming, there’s no need to book a slot, so please just turn up at the school’s Reception and we’ll be on hand to help you with any queries you may have regarding schools-based teacher training or making an application etc.
We look forward to seeing you!
Also look out for our post with details of the Department for Education’s ‘Train to Teach Roadshows‘ taking place in the Region over the coming months and our own ‘Teach Yorkshire’ Events, which we are attending in Sheffield, Doncaster & Barnsley .
See you soon!
Search for us on:
- Tue 7th Nov (12.30 – 3.30pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Wed 8th Nov (please arrive for 4.30pm) – Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
- Wed 15th Nov (9am – 12pm) – Armthorpe Academy, Mere Lane, Armthorpe, DN3 2DA
- Thu 16th Nov (9am – 12pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Wed 22nd Nov (1pm – 4pm) – Trinity Academy, Church Balk, Thorne, DN8 5BY
- Wed 29th Nov (9am – 12pm) – Hall Cross Academy (Upper School), Thorne Road, DN1 2HY
- Tue 5th Dec (1pm – 4pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Thu 14th Dec (9.30am – 12.30pm) – Campsmount Academy, Ryecroft Road, Norton, DN6 9AS
- Wed 10th Jan (1 – 4pm) – Hall Cross Academy (Upper School), Thorne Road, DN1 2HY
- Tue 23rd Jan (9am – 12pm) – The McAuley Catholic High School, Accacia Road (Lower Site) DN3 3QF
- Wed 7th Feb (1 – 4pm) – Sir Thomas Wharton Academy, Tait Avenue, Edlington, DN12 1HH
To find out more about local schools-based teacher training in Yorkshire and to discuss your application to the Doncaster ITT Partnership, visit us at the next Teach Yorkshire event in Doncaster, Barnsley or Sheffield organised by Teach Yorkshire .
We’ll be at:
Who are these events for?
These events are designed for anyone who has a degree and is interested in teaching – particularly those who are considering starting their teacher training in September 2018.
What to expect:
If you attend an event you’ll be able to:
- discuss the different local schools-based teacher training options available, to help you decide which would best suit you;
- meet representatives from our own and other schools-based deliverers of teacher training in this area, and find out about their courses and entry requirements;
- receive advice on submitting a successful UCAS application;
- talk to practising teachers, including those who have changed career to teach, about what a career as a teacher is really like;
- find out about bursaries, scholarships and funding available for teacher training.
Register for your free place today at:
So ‘Save the Date(s)’ and we’ll look forward to seeing you there!
And, if you can’t wait to see us at one of these events, then please see all of our school ‘Open Days‘ and come along to discuss your application for teacher training in Doncaster.
We look forward to meeting you at one of these these events.
Search for us on:
Would you like to ask a panel of specialists the questions that matter to you in one of the Department for Education (DfE) ‘real-time’ Online Events ? Whether you want general guidance or advice tailored to your circumstances, these online teaching events offer a convenient way to discuss a range of topics related to teacher training.
Recently held events included a series focused on getting into teaching which are still available on the DfE archive, inc. events on:
These archived events were interactive sessions that offered a convenient way to engage directly with a panel of specialist advisers across a range of topics, but you can see the questions which were asked and answered about what mattered to other potential trainee teachers.
Search for us on:
Worried about taking the Skills Tests?
Do you feel that you need extra help and advice before taking the Numeracy or Literacy Skills Tests?
Remember whilst you can do the on-line practice tests as many times as you like, you only have three attempts at passing each of the actual tests and will have to wait for 2-years before you can retake them, if you fail on the third attempt!
Several of our current and former trainees have used on-line help/practice websites and the one most recommend for helping them pass their Numeracy test is: Numeracy Ready although there are other websites, publications and on-line resources which may help if you feel that you need additional support.
We’re planning to deliver some training sessions early in the Spring Term and will let applicants who have been offered places know the dates of these. We also get a 20% discount for ‘Numeracy Ready’ so can pass that on to applicants who have accepted a place with us.
So make sure you’re ready to take the test BEFORE you book in at a test centre.
Search for us on: