It’s always great to meet with and talk to potential applicants wanting to apply to train to teach in Doncaster, so if you have queries about our training programme or if you want to discuss any aspect of your application, then please come along and see us at one of our school / centre ‘Open Day’ / ‘Drop-in’ sessions or local Events:
- Our next day will be detailed here once confirmed
Confirmation of dates/times and details of further Drop-in Sessions and Open Days will be posted here once finalised.
Although it does help us to know (by email) if you are coming to a ‘Drop-in’ session, there’s no need to book a slot (only for ‘Open Days’) so please just turn up at the school’s or centre’s Reception and we’ll be on hand to help you with any queries you may have regarding schools-based teacher training or making an application etc.
We look forward to seeing you!
Search for us on:
- Thu 18th Oct (9.30am – 12.30pm) – Campsmount Academy, Ryecroft Road, Norton, DN6 9AS
- Sat 10th Nov (10am – 12pm) – Teach Yorkshire Event – Outwood Institute of Education Conference Centre, Tenter Balk Lane, Adwick-le-Street, Doncaster, DN6 7EQ
- Tue 13th Nov (9am – 12pm) – The Hayfield School, Hurst Lane, Auckley, DN9 3HG
- Tue 27th Nov (9am – 12pm) – The Hayfield School, Hurst Lane, Auckley, DN9 3HG
- Wed 5th Dec (12.30pm – 4pm) – Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB
- Wed 16th Jan (9am – 12pm) – The McAuley Catholic High School, Accacia Road (Lower Site) DN3 3QF
- Wed 23rd Jan (9am – 12pm) – Hall Cross Academy (Upper School), Thorne Road, DN1 2HY
- Thu 7th Feb (12pm – 3pm) – Hall Cross Academy (Upper School), Thorne Road, DN1 2HY
- Tue 12th Feb (1.15pm – 3pm)* – Sir Thomas Wharton Academy, Tait Avenue, Edlington, DN12 1HH
- Wed 27th Feb (9am – 12pm) – Sir Thomas Wharton Academy, Tait Avenue, Edlington, DN12 1HH
- Tue 19th Mar (9.30am – 12.30pm) – Campsmount Academy, Ryecroft Road, Norton, DN6 9AS
- Tue 2nd Apr (10am – 2pm) – See further details in ‘Open Day’ post
- Ridgewood School, Barnsley Road, DN5 7UB – Please note that this is not a casual ‘drop-in’ session and attendance must be booked in advance
- Tue 30th Apr (8:30am – 4pm) – ‘Drop-in’ session at Mary Woollett Centre, Danum Road, Doncaster, DN4 5HF
Also look out for other posts with details of the DfE (Department for Education) ‘Train to Teach Roadshows’ taking place in the Region (Doncaster’s was on 13th March 2019!) and our own ‘Teach Yorkshire’ Events, which are held in Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster & Barnsley .
Are YOU ready to apply, but are struggling a bit with your personal statement?
Maybe YOU just need some final guidance around the interview process?
You’ve still plenty of time to submit your UCAS application to start your Teacher Training this September and we’re keen to make sure that YOU have the resources YOU need to apply this year. However, as the year progresses some subjects will fill their places and we’ll have to close for any more applications.
The Department for Education (DfE) Get into Teaching Events team is planning to host some FREE application workshops, where YOU will:
- have access to one to one advice from experts who will show YOU ways to maximise the impact of your application;
- be able to get feedback on your personal statement and advice around the application process.
So go to the Get into Teaching website and register for your nearest Application Workshop in Yorkshire.
- 2nd Apr – 5.30pm – 8pm, Hull, Holiday Inn Hull Marina
- 1st May – 5.30pm – 8pm, York, Park Inn by Radisson York City Centre
- 18th May – 10am – 12.30pm, Leeds, Park Plaza Leeds City Centre
Or if you’re a career changer looking to get into teaching then perhaps go to the Transition to Teach website and apply for additional support with your application.
Then when you’re ready to apply, go to the DfE’s ‘Find a Postgraduate Teacher Training Course’, choose the Doncaster ITT Partnership and two others from Teach Yorkshire , then link through to UCAS to apply.
Make your application STAND OUT!
Good luck with your applications!
Would you like to ask a panel of specialists the questions that matter to you in one of the Department for Education (DfE) ‘real-time’ Online Events ? Whether you want general guidance or advice tailored to your circumstances, these online teaching events offer a convenient way to discuss a range of topics related to teacher training.
Recently held events included a series focused on getting into teaching which are still available on the DfE archive, inc. events on:
These archived events were interactive sessions that offered a convenient way to engage directly with a panel of specialist advisers across a range of topics, but you can see the questions which were asked and answered about what mattered to other potential trainee teachers.
Search for us on:
Worried about taking the Skills Tests?
Do you feel that you need extra help and advice before taking the Numeracy or Literacy Skills Tests?
Remember whilst you can do the on-line practice tests as many times as you like, you only have three attempts at passing each of the actual tests and will have to wait for 2-years before you can retake them, if you fail on the third attempt!
Several of our current and former trainees have used on-line help/practice websites and the one most recommend for helping them pass their Numeracy test is: Numeracy Ready although there are other websites, publications and on-line resources which may help if you feel that you need additional support.
We’re planning to deliver some training sessions early in the Spring Term and will let applicants who have been offered places know the dates of these. We also get a 20% discount for ‘Numeracy Ready’ so can pass that on to applicants who have accepted a place with us.
So make sure you’re ready to take the test BEFORE you book in at a test centre.
Search for us on: