Our Key Strengths are that we have:
- Very high trainee attainment rates = 95% of our trainees are judged to be at least ‘Good‘ and the majority are deemed to be ‘Outstanding‘
- Extremely high employment rates = Almost every trainee since 2003 has secured a teaching post or chosen to go on to further study (i.e. Masters / PhD)
- High trainee retention rates = 3 out of 4 trainees choose to stay to teach in a Doncaster school, with the majority of others teaching locally in neigbouring authority areas
- A genuine partnership run for and led by Doncaster schools
- A majority of our trainees with a 1st class or 2:1 degree
- Grown significantly to now be training over twice as many teachers as we were a few years ago – more training places, more partnership schools, more career opportunities!
According to ‘The Good Teacher Training Guide (2017)‘ our Primary training has the 2nd highest rated ‘Overall Score’ for an accredited ITT Provider in the Yorkshire & Humber Region, making us the highest rated SCITT!
An External Moderation of our provision (June 2016) stated that:
“There are many strengths within the partnership based on the strong drive to recruit, train and retain high quality new teachers to the Doncaster area and there is ample evidence that this is a genuinely school-led programme responding to a rapidly changing educational landscape – positively and pragmatically.”
- The quality of recruitment and selection is outstanding
- Trainees’ attainment is outstanding
- High-quality trainees who maximise the opportunities to engage fully with all aspects of school life and training
- High-quality recruitment and selection arrangements which ensure the trainees are well-suited to the demands of the course so that by the end they are very employable
- Strong relationships which underpin the high-quality pastoral and academic support for trainees and their high levels of attainment
- Trainees’ professionalism and commitment to raising pupils’ achievement and enjoyment in learning
- The commitment of partnership schools to provide high-quality experiences for trainees which enable them to make at least good progress
- The proactive leadership team which has utilised the strengths of the partnership to maintain the quality of the programme
But we’re not complacent, so our Key Priorities are to:
- Maintain rigorous standards of recruitment, in order to attract high-quality applicants to the teaching profession
- Further increase trainee attainment – More ‘Outstanding’ – ALL ‘Good’ or better
- Continue to increase the employment opportunities for trainees to remain in Doncaster schools, if they choose to
- Maintain the high-quality and further develop the skills of our schools-based mentors and Partnership tutors
Recent announcements focused on ‘social mobility’ include:
- That the DfE has now identified Doncaster as an ‘Opportunity Area’‘ to focus on the role of education in helping to remove obstacles to social mobility and the importance of ensuring that all young people can fulfil their potential;
- The award of a substantial additional grant via the Teaching & Leadership Innovation Fund (TLIF) to support professional development programmes for teachers and school leaders;
- That Partners in Learning has been awarded Research School status to boost the quality of teaching in Doncaster through better use of research.
So we will be able to invest even more into the support for teachers in the early years of their career. The Teaching School, Local Authority and other key partners will provide greater professional development opportunities throughout your teaching career, including into senior leadership roles.
As the only Accredited ITT Provider in South Yorkshire that’s not based in Sheffield, we’re also closely involved in the Sheffield City Region‘s Partnerships for Attainment & Doncaster Growing Together projects and with our ‘sister’ schools-based providers in the Teach Yorkshire campaign .
It’s NEVER been a better time to join ‘Team Doncaster!‘